This One is For my Homie....

Sunday, August 31, 2008

So, four years ago today, my best buddy, mentor, friend-who also happened to be my dad, got "promoted" to the other side. I miss him so much. I can't wait to see him again. Our brother-by-choice, Perry Smith, wrote a song about Skeet...it's so beautiful. It's called "Answer Me from Heaven." You can listen to it here ...or read the lyrics below. I can't ever listen to it without balling but I love to listen to it. :) Anyway, just thought I'd give a shout out to my Pops.






Answer Me from Heaven
Not sure if God let’s you look down and see what’s going on
But things they haven’t been easy here, since you’ve been gone
You always had the answers when it seemed nothing made sense
You loved without condition anyone who needed a friend

I, I think about you gone and I cry, missin’ you
If you can answer me from heaven I’ll be here, listening

Rachel's baby girl came early, I met her the other day
She’s got her daddy’s goofy grin, her name's Olivia James
As I looked at her I wondered what this life’s all about
I used to see so clearly, but lately all I see is clouds

I, I think about you gone and I cry, missin’ you
If you can answer me from heaven I’ll be here, listening

Don’t get me wrong now, things here will be just fine
But it’s 2 am on this quiet night and I can’t get you out of my mind

I, I think about you gone and I cry, missin’ you
If you can answer me from heaven I’ll be here, listening

If you can answer me from heaven I’ll be here

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i seriously so wish i met him, im sure you all got your radness from him {and your mom cause she is super freakin rad too}

Rachel said...

Love you Skeet and miss you so much!

Anonymous said...

Meg.....You made me cry with sadness and happiness.

Emy Lesofski said...

Ummm....i was going to cry, but then when I saw that I was photoshopped out of one of the pictures, I laughed.

Jen said...

Megan, Thank you for your post. That song makes me cry, but I know you are so blessed to have your father on the other side.

mcwally said...

Oh Megan, I miss your dad... the song was beautiful. My neice died this summer, and it makes the lyrics that much more tender. i am so grateful for our awesome cheering squad on the other side!!! but boy i still miss them...

EEEJ said...

I had no idea Perry wrote that beautiful song. I miss him!!! I wanna go visit him for a bit...do you think we could swing that?? :) I love you girl....